When I attended the International Food Blogger Conference in New Orleans, I made a lot of new foodie friends! I felt like I had found my tribe and I can’t wait until next year’s conference! Part of the event is a Live Food Social, which is basically speed dating for bloggers and brands. Imagine the excitement and the flavors!
Basin Blend is one of the brands that I fell in love with at the Live Food Social! This seasoning blend is to me the perfect taste. I really can’t even describe it…just that it is the flavor that I’m always trying to create when I add spices to food.
I’m excited to announce that today’s recipe is the first of many to come in my collaboration with Basin Blend! Click on www.basinblend.com/discount/thefiligreefig to order your own and get ready for one-step amazing flavor for your recipes!
Basin Blend Potato Soup
4 lbs red skinned potatoes (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/2 cup chopped green onions or leeks
4 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp basin blend seasoning (order here)
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup half n half
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
more parmesan cheese
more Basin Blend seasoning
1. Heat butter and olive oil (until butter is melted) in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the potatoes, garlic and green onion to the pot and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add in the chicken broth and Basin Blend seasoning and bring to a boil. Then turn the heat down to low and allow it to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
4. Remove about two cups of the potato wedges and set aside. Puree the rest with an immersion blender until smooth. Add the two cups of potato wedges back in.
5. Stir in the half n’ half, cream cheese and parmesan cheese until completely blended and smooth.
6. Serve warm with suggested toppings or the garnishes of your preference.
BLOGGERS LOVE FEEDBACK!! Leave your thoughts in the comments section under this post! Also follow me on Instagram @thefiligreefig and Facebook at The Filigree Fig!